Re: Good White boards?

Subject: Re: Good White boards?
From: Kelley Greenman <writinglists -at- inkworkswell -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 12:34:51 -0400

Thanks for suggestions everyone!

We ended up going with a suggestion from another list. She described it as a shower stall panel. When we went to our local hardware store, though, they had no clue what we were talking about. Perhaps this is because it's Florida and it's far too humid to go with anything but tile or fiberglass. Even so, we did find large panels of something similar, used for paneling in kid's rooms. The sales clerk said that people who run daycare centers use it. In fact, they sell smaller cuts of the same thing near they stock workshop peg boards and it's labeled--voila!--white board paneling.

While perusing the aisles my partner did hit upon the idea of using glass or plexiglass.

So far, the white board panel is far better than a Boone. It might be worthwhile to use the cheap consumer white boards as throw-away white boards, *if* the white board didn't immediately look like it had months of build up after the second use!

Kelley

(who likes my white boards white, not smear blue! :)

--

When you need to communicate, Ink Works!
http://www.inkworkswell.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com