RE:Langevin Learning Systems

Subject: RE:Langevin Learning Systems
From: "Blount, Patricia A" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 09:27:22 -0400

Good morning,

Am on digest, so forgive delay in posting.

First, a brief disclaimer: I am in no way connected with Langevin
Learning Systems and receive no benefit for what I'm about to post. I
am, however, a very satisfied student.

I completed Langevin's accelerated instructional design certification
program last August, as a requirement for a new position. (I commuted to
the New York City class.) The program consisted of four courses,
Instructional Design for new IDs, Task Needs Analysis, Advanced
Instructional Design and Writing Skills for Trainers.

I found the six-day program to be informative and enjoyable. It was a
small class and if you're fortunate to get Achim as your instructor, you
will receive information beyond the course content worthy of emulation,
such as how to set up your classroom, break the ice, encourage
reflection and quiet thinking as well as group collaboration, and how to
customize information to the needs of your students on the fly. What an
amazing instructor!

The program's deliverables alone are worth the tuition. You leave there
with binders full of worksheets and forms ready for photocopying; some
are even available for download via their website.

Overall, this program takes the theory and concepts of ID and presents
them with a practical focus so you can quite literally return to your
office on Monday ready and able to start working.

Contact me offline if you'd like more info.

Best regards,

Patty Blount

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com