TOOLS: Help authoring tools and format

Subject: TOOLS: Help authoring tools and format
From: "SCHUTZ, ME" <me -dot- schutz -at- thermo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:34:44 -0600

Hi,

We are looking to move from WinHelp 2000 on-line help to HTMLhelp or
other more current on-line help format. The version of RoboHelp we have
been using since 2001 has become so outdated that it is no longer
supported. We are currently using MSWord for creating manuals and would
like to be able to share at least some text between on-line and print.

For those of you who author or edit on-line help, could you provide
information about:

The help format you use (winhelp, HTMLhelp, XML, etc.)
The tool you use to create/edit the system (RoboHelp, Doc-To-Help,
etc.)
The good, the bad and the ugly about any of the above...

Feel free to reply off list.
Thanks,
ME

Mary Ellen Schutz
Sr. Technical Writer
Translation Coordinator
Thermo Electron Corporation
5225-4 Verona Road
Madison, WI 53711
Telephone: (608)276-6100 ext. 2339
Fax: (608)276-6328
me -dot- schutz -at- thermo -dot- com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying
of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent of a system responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete all
copies.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com