Re: Naming cells in a grid?

Subject: Re: Naming cells in a grid?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:22:23 -0500 (EST)

> Questions:
>
> 1) When is it better to refer to a column by on-screen name
> ("low-bid"), and when by the logical name ("the item's low bid")?

I would not use logical names, but the default names of the columns -- in
bold, such as "the _Target_ column."

> 2) Should I use the words "column" and "cell", for example, "the
> low-bid column" or "the item's low-bid cell"?

See #1 above.

> 3) Should the column or cell names be highlighted, e.g boldface, as
> they are GUI elements (like a button), or should I use italics,
> quotes...?

SEe #1 above.

--
Bonnie Granat
www.GranatEdit.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com