capitalizing the 2nd letter of a word

Subject: capitalizing the 2nd letter of a word
From: John Wilcox <JWilcox -at- zetron -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:29:50 -0800

I sent this letter to Adobe, and I encourage others to join the protest.

Adobe's use of eSeminar, eBook, ePublishing, and other words in which the
2nd letter is capitalized when the word begins with an e, is not appreciated
by a large contingent of your customers. Seeing that e-mail (not eMail) has
been the norm lo these many years, why have you decided against the
simplicity and logic of e-book, etc.?

Uppercase letters look silly eMbedded within a word and add eFfort to the
work of both eNgineer and eDitor. Many of us users are concerned about this
plan to eScape the eStablished convention and will be eCstatic if you return
to plain eNglish, but continuing this eXasperating practice will be an
eMbarrassment to Adobe and the cause of eNdless ePithets. My ePistle is
eNded.

Regards,
John Wilcox, Technical Writer
Zetron, Redmond