RE: Difficulties with Recruiter

Subject: RE: Difficulties with Recruiter
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:17:37 -0600

The thing that got me about this story: you got 'the shakes'. 1st off,
as T. W. Smith said, too bad about your accident, trust you're getting
better.

There were many 'red flags' raised in my mind about the person you were
talking about.

Of course your prior time commitments trump everything.

Does the person represent a company in the business world? She seems to
represent herself quite strongly, but I doubt that she can represent
others. If you were to complain about her to her company, they probably
will own up to employing her but they probably will not own up to
teaching her to talk in that way, because they probably didn't teach her
to talk that way.

As to complaining, I'd say don't. Respect yourself, let yourself heal,
and move on.

Not to say that you wouldn't be respecting yourself if you did complain.
But don't. Somehow, someway, that person was destined to call you and
talk to you on the phone at that time. She messed it up horribly and
also (probably w/o realizing it) tried to 'bully' someone (you) who was
in a car accident. Now you might not even have been injured in that
accident, I don't know, but it shouldn't have been. Her verbal abuse I
mean.

Complaints certainly have their place. But I think you'd be happier
waiting this one out. It might even become amusing to you eventually.

Jim Jones