Re: Difficulties with Recruiter

Subject: Re: Difficulties with Recruiter
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:06:41 -0800

Well, that sort of changes the dynamic somewhat, since in your original
post you appear to have told the recruiter you were busy but would take
the job if it could be worked into your schedule. If that was the
situation,
your complaint is with the acct rep, and as I already suggested you should
direct it to the recruiter whose commission the acct rep has jeopardized
(an internal complaint from an angry recruiter who has had his time with
a prospective client turned into a waste and a lost prospect will get more
attention than one from a ticked off non-candidate). But if you always
felt you were too busy to take the contract, then that's what you should
have told the recruiter to begin with and just avoided the entire experience
altogether.

Gene Kim-Eng