RE: Fwd: difficulties with the boss

Subject: RE: Fwd: difficulties with the boss
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:43:32 -0800

I really can't add a lot to what the other posters have said, except to let you know that I was also in that situation. In the long run, it was OK -- I now have a job that I love at a different company. As soon as I realized the abusive situation I was in, and that it would never change, I sent out my resume to other companies. I never regretted my decision.

No one should put up with abuse. The first time the manager yelled at me, I calmly and quietly walked out of the office. It is hard for a person to fight if there is no one to fight with. A slogan from the 60's: What if they had a war and nobody came?

If you are being insulted in a sexual way ("Women can't do this job"), you definitely need to contact HR. If the company is small and has no HR, then pack your bags and leave. You may be desperate for the money, but you should still be able to collect unemployment benefits (depending on your state rules) until you find another job.

Just know that we all care out here, and that other jobs are available.

Diane Evans, who is in such a great job that she forgets what harassment felt like...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com