Re: Fwd: difficulties with the boss

Subject: Re: Fwd: difficulties with the boss
From: APPerl -at- dstsystems -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:30:42 -0600

My advice would be to leave the organization...

I have run into some of the same difficulties on the team that I manage.
Fortunately, the person in question reported to me. You have a control
freak for a manager. You could go to HR and file a complaint. Although this
may backfire on you.

A manager should never criticize an associate in a public forum. This
should always be done in private. The manager should also maintain their
professionalism. It sounds like your manager can't function at either
level.

It is amazing how often people like this end up in management positions. My
best wishes are with you.

Andrew Perl
Supervisor - Mutual Fund Technical Publications
DST Systems, Inc.
Phone: (816) 843-9251
Fax: (816) 843-9245

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual or
company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure or unauthorized use
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of
this e-mail or the information contained in this e-mail is strictly
prohibited by the sender. If you have received this transmission in error,
please return the material received to the sender and delete all copies
from your system.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com