RE: difficulties with the boss

Subject: RE: difficulties with the boss
From: "Bill Trippe" <btrippe -at- nmpub -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:45:00 -0500

----- Original Message -----
Gene Kim-Eng wrote in response to "Anonymous Poster"

>I'd update my resume and start sending it out again. A less
>than competent manager can be "boss managed," but this
>one sounds like her emotional stability is more of an issue
>than her professional abilities.

I have to agree with Gene. This sounds like an unstable situation, and
similar to one I found myself in early in my career. I finally sought out a
counselor, who reframed the situation perfectly. He said, "You have three
choices. Tolerate it, fight it, or leave." I knew I couldn't tolerate the
abuse, and quickly concluded that fighting it would be futile because my
boss's boss was crazy too. So I left, and it was the best decision I ever
made. Years later, the company was still dealing with the same problem
people.

Good luck, and feel free to contact me offlist if I can be of any help.

Bill

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com