Re: Consulting after RIF'd

Subject: Re: Consulting after RIF'd
From: Linda Castellani <lindac -at- opsware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:43:27 -0800

John -

This situation is unique and unlike most other consulting opportunities, in that you are the single most qualified individual on the planet for this particular project. You are the expert, and I believe that the rate you charge should reflect that. I would suggest quoting a much higher rate than you might consider when walking in cold to a new situation. You can justify this because there will be no learning curve, you already know the people involved, and you already know the company, which anyone else would have to learn to be as effective as you will be when you walk in the door. The time you save them will more than account for the high fee, plus they won't have to dedicate the kind of resources to shepherd you that they would with a total stranger. I say ask for the moon. What have you got to lose?

Linda

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com