Re: ADMIN re: I've been RIF'd

Subject: Re: ADMIN re: I've been RIF'd
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:44:39 -0600

In my view, it has *nothing* to do with "guts."

How, pray tell, do you think the list is supported?

Simple...by *advertising.*

It is up to the list owners to determine what constitute ads that
should be paid for...and to exclude them from the general discussion
if they wish.

What is "on topic" for any list is a function of the list owners and
the rules that subscribers to the list agree to. Nothing more, nothing
less.

If you do not *agree* to those rules, there are obviously methods for
expressing your disagreement...but sniping from the "peanut gallery"
should not, in my opinion, be among them.

Otherwise, if you know a better method for supporting a list and its
overhead, I am sure the list administrator would be very happy indeed
to hear it...or, of course, you may start your own list with your own
rules.

I am not connected with this list except as a member, but I thought it
was on point to introduce the facts of life before this thread got
totally out of hand.

David

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:10:49 -0700, Julia Price <jprice -at- clearone -dot- com> wrote:

> Amen. Glad someone had the guts to say it.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com