Re: tools: RoboHelp X5 vs WebWorks Publisher for Word

Subject: Re: tools: RoboHelp X5 vs WebWorks Publisher for Word
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:01:10 -0600

The Apache Software Foundation has software that allows all of what
you seek at no acquisition cost--but, of course, you will have
overhead in having your IT people install and configure it for you.

The content can be done without affecting the layout...and from a web browser.

See http://forrest.apache.org/.

I hope this may be a better solution than those you speak of, which
are only marginally able to give similar functionality and would
require the people who add content to have the tool and appropriate
access. With something like Forrest, all this is configurable.

Another framework with a CMS involved--also free--is Zope. www.zope.org.

There are others...but I think you get the idea.

David

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com