RE: ADMIN re: I've been RIF'd

Subject: RE: ADMIN re: I've been RIF'd
From: "tech.writer" <tech -dot- writer -at- insightbb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:57:53 -0600

I have to side with the list owner regarding ads and job wanted or
available postings. I rely on this list to get, and share, information
about our industry. I do not have the time to wade through postings
about somebody's product or job searches. There are plenty of other
places for those postings. I can sympathize with people who have lost a
job and are looking for any opportunity. I think most of us have been in
that situation in the past few years. But if we allow job postings on
this list, it would take up too much valuable space.

Tim Lewis
Lewis Communications
Writer -at- lewiscomms -dot- com

> From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:44:39 -0600
>
> It is up to the list owners to determine what constitute ads that
> should be paid for...and to exclude them from the general discussion
> if they wish.
>
> What is "on topic" for any list is a function of the list owners and
> the rules that subscribers to the list agree to. Nothing more, nothing
> less.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com