Re: The Future?

Subject: Re: The Future?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:35:06 -0800

I think the last four paragraphs are the most insightful of the entire
article. Arguements about the form of future personal computers
are just that, arguements about the form. The most important thing
is, regardless of what form they eventually take, they will become
less complex for the end user to operate, which means their internals
will become ever more complex. There will still be a need for
documentation, but the documentation of the future will become
increasingly internal and increasingly "technical," generated by
companies that produce the IP, components and subsystems in all
those products whose end users won't need to read anything to be
able to use them, and written for the engineers who develop those
products rather than for their end users.

Gene Kim-Eng