Re: expanding our range

Subject: Re: expanding our range
From: David Castro <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:50:57 -0500

I just read "How to Write a White Paper: A White Paper on White
Papers" by Michael Stelzner (www.stelzner.com). The document is an
*excellent* piece. It simultaneously tells and demonstrates how to
write a good white paper (being an example of its own best practices).
According to its web site, the document has been downloaded 200,000
times.

Before that, I learned how to use NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install
System) to create an installer for our product. (We're a small
startup, so everyone needs to do whatever they can.) I took a class in
assembly language in the spring of this year...I never thought I'd use
that knowledge, much less so soon. (NSIS is assembly language-based.)

If you ever want to learn how to create an installer but don't want to
spend any money, check out http://nsis.sourceforge.net. NSIS has been
used by Sun, Google, and Apache, to name a few. It has quite an active
developer community, as well.

-David Castro
thejavaguy[at]gmail[dot]com

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:33:47 -0500, Neumann, Eileen
<ENeuman -at- franklintempleton -dot- ca> wrote:

> Hello Whirlers,
> I bet a lot of us are reading a work related book or taking a work related course. Care to share what you're reading or learning?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com