Create a Help file like Adobe's?

Subject: Create a Help file like Adobe's?
From: "William Roy" <roywh -at- jmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:07:18 -0500

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a project that needs serious help revision - all the way down to tools. RoboWord pretty much bites. I suggested the alternative of using PDF files. We have about 6 PDF modules, just to help updating and download time.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: If you have Acrobat 6 Standard or Professional, you will notice that the complete Help found under the Help menu opens a new window with a pretty nice interface that loads the PDF. Is it possible to create one like this? What are they doing? I looked at the program files and couldn't find anything useful except that the files are actually separate PDF files that open like any other PDF, but some program or code must be running before it opens when you click it in the Help menu.

Finding out how to work with the Adobe interface would be useful for just about anyone that writes Help files. Check your own Help file out and see how nice it is!

Thanks,
~William

PS: had to post again b/c only plain text emails allowed

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com