RE: Problematic TOC links in PDF from Word

Subject: RE: Problematic TOC links in PDF from Word
From: "Norcross, Amanda" <Amanda -dot- Norcross -at- kla-tencor -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:18:17 -0800

Mandy wrote:
<<OK, here's something I just discovered--a PDF I created with Acrobat 5
goes from the ToC to the heading, and DOES put the heading at the top of
the screen. The PDF I just created with Acrobat 6 does NOT put the
heading
at top of the screen; it just shows the top of the page.

This must a new "feature" in 6, along with its ability to crap up my
coloured cross-references. I'm "lovin'" this new Acrobat...

Sorry, this doesn't help you in your quest for a solution at all, but
now
at least we know it seems to be a version 6 thing...>>

I no longer have access to Acrobat 5 so I can't verify this on my
computer, but, so far, Mandy's discovery above seems to be the most
probable culprit - I have tested and checked into the suggestions from
other folks and, for various reasons, none of the other suggestions held
up in testing. So, while I am happy to know the reason this is
happening, I am annoyed that it is not fixable. Sigh...grumble, grumble.

Thanks bunches to everyone for all the suggestions and input.
Amanda

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com