Re: Writing tests...

Subject: Re: Writing tests...
From: Lee Hunter <lee -dot- hunter -at- hum -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:50:44 -0500

Quoting Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>:

> Of course it was without guile. I don't believe I accused anyone of
> _intentionally_ behaving unethically. What so outraged me--and continues
> to outrage me--is the very blitheness of it all, the complete
> obliviousness to the idea that there is such a concept as ethics in the
> first place, let alone that you or I as individuals have any obligation
> to behave ethically toward one another.

I couldn't see anything offensive or unethical in the query. Most people
prepare for tests. This is entirely normal and expected behaviour. We're taught
to prepare for tests from the first day of school.

And to prepare, you need to know something about the test. If he had asked for
the questions or answers it would be cheating, but he didn't. End of story.

If I was running the test, I'd give him a bonus point for doing his research.

Lee Hunter - Technical Editor & Information Architect

------ http://www.hum.com ------- 613-282-1904 ------

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com