RE: Anyone doing user interface work?

Subject: RE: Anyone doing user interface work?
From: "Bob Colwell" <bob -dot- colwell -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:23:02 -0700

How many of you out there are old enough to remember how papers used
to be produced? When I started as an engineer at Bell Labs in the
1970's, one produced a memo by writing out, long-hand, a draft version.
Which was then submitted to the typist pool, and a week later a nice
clean version was handed back, complete with typos, errors, misreadings
of your handwriting, and other inadvertent creativity. You then
proofed that, marked up the copy, handed it back to the typing pool,
and round and round it went.

Whenever I get mad at Microsoft or Framemaker, I just remember those
good old days, and hug my computer.

-BobC