Re: Telecommuting/offshoring

Subject: Re: Telecommuting/offshoring
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:03:18 -0700

I have found that our conference call schedules are more dictated by
our resources than by personal convenience. For example, we have
a toll-free conference line - in the US. Overseas users have to call
the non-toll-free number. Also, it's still pretty rare for overseas users
to have broadband connections in their homes. As a result, our calls
are scheduled so that our overseas participants can call and connect
from the office, and we US users are almost always connecting from
home. The issue of who has to give up a free evening is not even on
the radar compared to the prospect of someone with only one phone
line and no broadband trying to participate in a global teleconference/
netmeeting session.

Gene Kim-Eng