Re: Interviews & red flags

Subject: Re: Interviews & red flags
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:57:10 -0700

During my college years I took the test offered by MENSA pretty much
on a dare (I knew my IQ was considered "high" because of the way my
HS guidance counselers kept nudging me toward AP classes, but at the
time there was a policy against telling students what their IQ test scores
were, so I had no idea what mine had been). I managed to attain a
sufficiently high score to be accepted for membership, but after meeting
with members of the local chapter I came to the conclusion that it fit
Groucho Marx's "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't
it," and decided not to belong to this particular organization that would
have me as a member. Admittedly, I never bothered to try to find out if
it was just that particular local group or if they were representative of
the
membership as a whole, and since then I seem to have repeated this
pattern with regard to a number of groups that would have me as a
member, so perhaps it reveals more about me than it does about them. :)

Gene Kim-Eng