RE: Another question to ponder

Subject: RE: Another question to ponder
From: "Sarah Nord" <snord -at- archer-tech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:54:35 -0500

I find myself in a similar position to yours, Jim, except that I am the
"baby" in my company rather than the veteran. I'm also the lone tech
writer, so I feel as though I'm always trying to find common ground with
my coworkers who have many years of experience in the software industry,
who have children, who just know so much more about how business works
than I do, etc. So speaking from a young person's perspective, I crave
time with the "seasoned" employees in my company because I want to learn
as much as I possibly can from them. You might be surprised how much the
younger people you work with enjoy spending time with you and hearing
about your experiences. I can relate to your feeling of being the fifth
wheel in a group of people who seem to relate really well, but I say,
keep on trying! You have a lot to offer these people.

And on a side note, we young workers are not all bar-hopping,
chat-room-addicted "kids." We do sometimes have some good insights to
share about professional matters. :-)

Sarah Nord
Technical Writer
Archer Technologies
sarah -dot- nord -at- archer-tech -dot- com
www.archer-tech.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com