Re: Voice-to-text Software

Subject: Re: Voice-to-text Software
From: John Fleming <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:48:07 -0700

> $David Downing asks,
> $
> $|just how much success -- or lack thereof -- have people on this list
> $had with speech-to-text software?

I do play around with Dragon Naturally Speaking software from time to
time. I have it installed on my home PC.

If I need to do something fast, I still find I can type it faster than I
can speaking. The reason is that speech recognition software, while
good, is not 100% perfect and I do need to go back and proof read
everything with a bit more care and a few more needed corrections.

That said, I do enjoy the software, and I think with time voice
recognition software will become much better.

John Fleming
Technical Writer
Edmonton, Alberta

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com