Re: Tech writers, comments about.

Subject: Re: Tech writers, comments about.
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:38:44 -0500

T. Word Smith wrote:

I disagree with Dick on this score. If the situation
sucks, if I'm the only one who appreciates the quality
of my work, forget pearls and/or swine, I can only be
an island for so long before I become unhappy ...
which, in turn, affects my commitment and my desire to
be at work, and so the slippery slope winds .... That
is, the atmosphere for me cannot be always negative,
or even always neutral; there has to be--for me at
least--a carrot as well as a stick (no, the microphone
stand won't do instead ;?).

T.,

When you put it that way, I disagree with Dick, too. I did begin with a
restrictive clause, "when I am in that situation." It is not my
preferred situation any more than it is yours. But there have been times
in my life when changing jobs was not an immediate option. In those
situations I've used the coping mechanism I described. But, like you, I
much prefer a working evironment where people behave like adults.

Dick

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com