Video Conferencing recommendations

Subject: Video Conferencing recommendations
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:01:27 -0500

Hi, guys...as part of my documenting an application, I've been "tasked"
with the requirement to conduct the rollout of the documentation to our
employees (worldwide) and to some key customers.

I'm therefore looking for recommendations on video conferencing.

This video conferencing application must support about 20 at a time,
allow display of presentation and facilitate group discussion, and also,
and this is the kicker, support video of each participant. Each
participant will have one of those little cameras on their PC. Another
issue is audio...it must support microphone if available and phone if
not.

Normally, I'd just go to something like WebEx, but I don't know if it
supports speaker video and microphone audio.

I've been looking at something called Breeze by Macromedia. Anyone use
it? An advantage might be in that since it's hosted on our server, the
cost per user may not be an issue, but I don't have pricing, so I don't
know...anyone know the price.

So...what have you-guys used?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com/

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com