RE: Promotion (was RE: IT documentation)

Subject: RE: Promotion (was RE: IT documentation)
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:58:58 -0800

If you're the lone writer and the sr. technical writer, what is there to
be promoted to? This has been my problem for the last 4 years.

Information developer.

I suppose it depends on the company you work for. It doesn't matter to me what my title is; my pay and benefits are more important. If I felt that I was not being compensated fairly for my efforts, I would definitely talk to my manager and see how to restructure things so that I was.

I wouldn't know how to work in a company where there was even a chance for promotion (the lone writer thing has always been good to me). I simply do my job, do it well, and go home satisfied at the end of the day.

Diane Evans
Lone Technical Writer, Requirements Analyst, Software Test Manager, and Configuration Manager

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/