Re: Converting American English to British English

Subject: Re: Converting American English to British English
From: ellis -at- cherryleaf -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:22:32 -0700

You should use a British editor because:

1. Some words (e.g. should) have a different meaning in the UK and the
States.

2. Your examples might be meaningless. I once saw a manual that had been
localised by an american into British English where all the examples had
people living in Oxford Street and Hyde Park. And don't get me started on
Kevin "by nightfall we'll be in Nottingham" Costner, Dick Van Dyke and the
"Friends" episodes in London.

Ellis
(off to salute the queen, have a cup of tea and polish my "derby")