Re: It's what It's. OH THAT ONE !!

Subject: Re: It's what It's. OH THAT ONE !!
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:01:04 -0700

On 17 Feb 2004 at 12:10, Bonnie Granat wrote:

> Examples:
> ---------
>
> UK: The book which you took yesterday.
>
> Am: The book that you took yesterday.
> _____
>
> Both are correct (but for different audiences).

I had a professor who made us go through our papers after they
were complete and do a search on the word "that". Any use of the
word that wasn't absolutely necessary had to be deleted or she
would reduce our grade. Therefore, in her eyes, the only correct
version of the sentence above is, "The book you took yesterday."

;) Dana W.