Re: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver

Subject: Re: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: Rachael Lininger <techwhirl -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:45:01 -0500

At 09:35 AM -0600 2004-02-12, Rachael Lininger wrote:

I am likely to need some web design package -- if for no better reason than that it's easier for me to spend hundreds on specialized software than to get a $ -at- #%^! freeware text editor approved. I could probably get either Dreamweaver or GoLive. Having never used either, I have no personal investment in a tool -- "good enough" is all I need. I'd kind of rather get GoLive, but not if it's still as unstable as the archives indicated in Jan 2003.

Is GoLive CS stable and reasonable to use now?

Sorta. I still don't like it much. Admittedly, I've only used a demo version of GoLive CS, but I still wouldn't trade it for my trusty old Dreamweaver. I just finished playing with a trial version of Dreamweaver+Contribute, and I love the workflow options.

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.