Re: OT- Sad Lament of a Sole TW

Subject: Re: OT- Sad Lament of a Sole TW
From: "Eileen Neumann" <eileenn -at- the-wire -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:33:32 -0700

Hi Sad Lamenter,

Sounds like you have high standards for your work, but aren't given the
resources to produce the kind of work you could be proud of. Also sounds
like your company isn't very interested in quality documentation. They
have other goals that are taking priority.

What I have done in similar circumstances (though not as extreme) is maybe
a little sucky, but anyway, I still have a playcheque. I stopped trying so
hard. Sometimes, all you can do is fit in to what is expected. So your
documents won't be that useful, etc... but you remain employed. Maybe
there are small improvements to be made to the process over time. Maybe
you just need to look for something else that better fits your
aspirations.

I know in Canada you aren't eligible for UI if you quit, so here, I
wouldn't quit. Also, if you can leave without burning all bridges, and
still get a reference, you're better off in the end.

Well, good luck, it sounds very stressful...

Eileen Neumann
Toronto

> Sad Lament of a Sole TW.

Snr. TW.?