RE: OT- Sad Lament of a Sole TW

Subject: RE: OT- Sad Lament of a Sole TW
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:41:31 -0500

My sympathies -- I'm glad I don't have the pressure you do (I am only lone TW and technical editor, a software quality assurance analyst and the software release coordinator, and all in English, with the occasional pinch-hit to proofread French).

You're overworked and undersupported, and entirely too much is expected of you. You've done well up to now, and you deserve a break.

If you will be laid off, you should be able to get employment insurance immediately, and maybe expect some vacation pay. If you will be fired with cause, but without notice, you might expect a settlement. Consult a lawyer before quitting to see if you can sue for constructive dismissal, but you ought to have kept documentation on all those actions and meetings you initiated.

In any event, if the end of this job is near, as another said, kick back, relax, enjoy the wintry weather, and spend a few days or weeks updating your résumé or your web page or your portfolio.

(Was that OK? Feel better now? Good!)

Regards,
Karen Black in Toronto, been there, done that, enjoyed every minute of it

The standard of behavior we exhibit during emergencies is not scary; on the contrary. It is a demonstration of how pleasant life can be when people treat one another courteously.
--Judith Martin (Miss Manners)

From: Tronajc <tronajc -at- juno -dot- com>
Well Tuesday next week, most likely will be my last day in my present position ? that is the day I will be ?required to leave my present position as ?Snr. TW.?
<snipped>

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca