RE: What level of censorship ...

Subject: RE: What level of censorship ...
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:23:33 -0500

T. Word Smith pointed out:

> I submit, only sometimes.
>
> --- Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com> wrote:
> > Those are two different issues. The copying of
> > money is a criminal offence;

You are correct. I should have added "for fraudulent purposes." However,
the larger issue of criminal versus civil offences still applies.

It's not Adobe's responsibility to police the lawful use of their products,
so where do they get the authority? This would be like an auto manufacturer
assuming the authority over a driver implicated in a hit-and-run (versus
getting a speeding ticket, which is a Highway Traffic Act offence, at least
in Ontario).

Cheers ... Kim