Re: You know you're an incurable tech writer when...

Subject: Re: You know you're an incurable tech writer when...
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:30:08 -0800

poorly designed signage makes you change routes.

I'm not often accused of fondling fonts, but...

Several years ago, the road near my mother's home received a new (lower) speed limit. But, when the signs were painted, the stencil for the "3" was held upside down and backwards. Although the "3" looked correct to the average person, it was obvious to me that the top half of the 3 was larger than the bottom half. It pains me to this day when I drive by. Luckily, my mother moved and I don't have to see it as often :)

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html