Changes to IE scroll bar operation

Subject: Changes to IE scroll bar operation
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:00:54 -0500

I noticed recently that my Internet Explorer scrollbars were not functioning
properly: When I clicked the lower end of the vertical scroll bar, the
viewing area jumped far down the page, instead of just one screen height. I
had considered reinstalling IE to "cure" this problem. But according to this
week's WordTips (http://www.vitalnews.com/wordtips/), the scroll bar change
resulted from the November 2003 cumulative security update for Internet
Explorer, even though it is not covered in the documentation for the
security update.

This is *not* an invitation to open an MS Flame session -- just a heads-up
to anyone else who thinks that their IE installation might be defective.

Dan Goldstein