Re: Acrobat 5 - Repetitive Links

Subject: Re: Acrobat 5 - Repetitive Links
From: "M Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:44:04 -0000

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 02:02:44 -0600, while chained to a desk in the
scriptorium, pingramg -at- bv -dot- com ("Pingram, Graham") wrote:

> $Hi -
> $Has any list member had experience of, or knows where I may get a
solution
> $for, automatically generating a link (to Contents or 1st Page) on every
page
> $of an Adobe .pdf document.

If you set the Document Open Options, Initial View to "Bookmarks and page"
then you can have the TOC showing at all times, which is what the user will
be familiar with.
IMHO custom navigation features embedded in the document are usually a waste
of time.

Cheers
Martin

"If the pen's mightier,
How come the sword's so much more satisfying?"