Re: Document Versions

Subject: Re: Document Versions
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:00:49 -0800

The most common practice I have used is to separate "version" from "revision,"
i.e., v1.2 corresponding to v1.2 of the product being documented, Rev A, B,
C, etc. This enables you to make document-only revisions and still have a
document that corresponds to the product (this assumes that the product has
a widely-disseminated version number, and not just revisions on some
engineering drawing somewhere).

Gene Kim-Eng