RE: Robo "Printed Document" Graphics

Subject: RE: Robo "Printed Document" Graphics
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 04 Dec 2003 00:24:20 GMT

"Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com> wrote in message news:221666 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> My condolences. Mine too. (Actually, I recommended X4 because they were
> using 2000, and with time constraints and budgets, it was cheaperst and
> easiest to simply upgrade.)

The situation here was similar. Print docs were Quark, OH
was Robo2002. I recommended XML, but time and resources
were a major constraint for them.

> Can I assume that you're authoring in HTML?
> If you are using the height and width attributes in your IMG tags, then I'm
> lost....

Same here. It works fine in the .chm, it's the print
output that's screwy.

> BTW, why do you need graphics at 100%?

Because that's the correct size. :) Seriously, we spent a
fair amount of time experimenting with different display
settings on the app being documented so that our screencaps
would be the right size for both .chm and print as-is, and
now the #$%^ authoring tool is changing them to the wrong
size for us!

> And no, we're not surprised that a "major online authoring suite" has such
> "lousy" online Help. It's been that way for years and versions; it's likely
> that they are too committed to their six-month(!) new version development
> cycle (gotta churn for that income) to bother improving the docs or fixing
> long-standing bugs.

Well, it's not exactly selling the idea of having the latest
releases to me. Once I get this one working right, I may
never upgrade again...

Gene Kim-Eng

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com