RE: State of the Single Source these days?

Subject: RE: State of the Single Source these days?
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:48:27 -0500

I don't think you'll find one tool that will be the hands-down best
solution. Everyone's needs and workflows will be a little bit different. The
key is in portability of solution and not the solution itself, which is why
XML is becoming more and more popular. Have schema and XSLT, will transform.

As for applications, FrameMaker does a good job, as does Author-It, and
though not one tool, Altova has some excellent XML offerings.

I hope this helps.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com