need advice: question 4 you

Subject: need advice: question 4 you
From: "G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:38:16 -0500

HI,

We are two tech writers here at my company. I write software and am
supervised under the Hardware manager. My colleague who is writes hardware
is also under him. I think I should be under R&D?

Another thing is, since our last version, we are not included in any design,
R&D or other meetings anymore to let us know what changes are to be done to
the documentation. I have already told my manager that we should be
included. He took it as a mental note and that was the end of it.

Now, how can we both get information when we're never included in anything
anymore? We are in a release yet both my colleauge and I havent gotten any
work for the past month. Any ideas why this is? Do we have to "run" to
developers to get information? is this normal?

/Grace

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com