Re: Adobe adds product activation

Subject: Re: Adobe adds product activation
From: John Fleming <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:42:56 -0600

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:32:19 -0400, while chained to a desk in
the scriptorium, jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk ("Jeff Hanvey") wrote:

> $I won't say that office sales are sluggish because of activation. In fact, I
> $think it has more to do with the fact that Office 2000 is well-entrenched.
> $|From what I gather, OXP had so little in the way of "new" features or
> $stability that most people continued onward with O2K.
> $
> $Of course, it would be interesting to compare the sales of MSOffice to sales
> $of other products, or the adoption of open source products.

May I also suggest that the existing set of features in Office
2000 does what most people need it to do.

Why go out and spends gobs of money on new word processing
software if the product you already have does the job?

While I agree with your statement that there aren't a lot of new
features in Office XP, I just wanted to add the point that when a
person doesn't see a need a feature like "Diagram", there is a
lot less incentive to upgrade.

John Fleming
Technical Writer
Edmonton, Alberta