Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?

Subject: Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:20:32 -0500

Chuck dear,

you are not married to a white-sock wearing, jeans-only wearing software developer who can actually do logic puzzles and makes fun of tech writers (unless they cook his dinner and have a PhD). the fab five is a welcome relief to the mundane-ness of straight-ness. lol! in addition it is a relief from women doing all the design of their straight husband's clothes, the furniture for the home and arguably the cool dinners that we create. perhaps i'm an overachiever, but i'd take a gay sw developer any day. there is a hysterical MPG that my son showed me called "lady sitters." it is gay men shopping and cooking with women while their straight husbands went and watched football <ugh, the only women i know that like football are my SILs and my step-mom).

i stand to be corrected.

cheers to everyone.

m.

--
Michele

"I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand." Andy Rooney
www.krautgrrl.com

Chuck Martin wrote:

"Michele Davis" <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com> wrote in message

P.S. I saw the "Fab Five" do their Jay Leno makeover; their stereotypical
behavior--and roles--belie our contributions in all areas of society, in all
walks of life, and in all industries.
</political_and_sociological_soapbox>