Re: Giving credit...

Subject: Re: Giving credit...
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L list <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:51:47 -0400

John Posada:

I actually included a credit to
the developer who created this code for me.

I told him today and I expected a thanks (with a lower case t), but instead,
he seemed really pleased....and this developer doesn't show "pleased" very
often.

Have any of you ever done something like this and what was the reaction?

Yes, I've done it. The reaction varied from "Gee, thanks!" to "God, NO! Take my name off that! If my boss knew I'd wasted time doing something like that for you, I'd get fired."

<shrug>

Now, I always ask first before adding a name to the public acknowledgement. This lets the individuals know I appreciate the help, but leaves it up to them whether the acknowledgement is openly attributed or just "a helpful developer contributed the following".
--
K@ Kat Nagel