Re: India - Wave of the Future?

Subject: Re: India - Wave of the Future?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Anachie Shakespeare <anachie -at- lycos -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 06:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Anachie Shakespeare <anachie -at- lycos -dot- com> wrote:
> Over the past few weeks, I have had several friends
> tell me that their projects are moving to India, and
> that they are no longer needed.

Everything is cyclic, which is the nature of a global
market. Software, specifically, is going to be all
over the board, as it really doesn't matter where it's
developed. IMO, and from experience, India is becoming
quite the tech powerhouse. Their technological
infratructure is now just as robust as USA's, but cost
of living is still a lot cheaper.

I wouldn't say we're doomed to lose our jobs to India,
per se. There *will* be a continued move there though.
I'd say, look to see our jobs in the US continue to
evolve. I know that I, as a tech writer, am spending
less time writing and more time on project management
and internal projects to streamline processes with
other locations.

Don't fret; evolve.

- Goober

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com