correct placment of copyright information

Subject: correct placment of copyright information
From: "celia reynolds" <creynolds_245 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:19:25 -0500

Hi, all. I am part of a small documentation group that is collaberating with a larger group within my company on a template that all of us can use. Because there are some strong personalities in both groups, I am getting the feeling that, althoug this new template is supposed to be a group effort, the opinions of the squeakier wheels will prevail. One issue that has come up is the proper placement of copyright information. The more vocal members want to do something different, rather than traditional, and place all copyright information on the front (title) page. A second issue is that they want to make all heading styles in All Caps format. They will vary the heading styles by using different font sizes.

I'm not any kind of a design expert, but from the mock ups we've all looked at, I don't like either of these options. The headings look muddy on screen, and too bold in print. The copyright issue may be OK, but it's so non-traditional that I'm not sure we should do it at all. Maybe I'm not up on current trends and these things are OK. I should mention that the documents we produce are primarily for PDF use, but not always.

Does anyone have any opinions about these subject they can share with me? I would appreciate it. Thanks

Celia

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup