Re: interviews and ethics

Subject: Re: interviews and ethics
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:53:27 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Smith, Martin" <Martin -dot- Smith -at- mdx -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: August 20, 2003 02:39 PM

> Goober Writer asked "...Have you ever been to a job interview only to find
> out later that the company flat out lied to you?..."

At one job, the documentation manager could barely read or write, literally.
He could not create a coherent sentence. I am not joking. He had similar
problems with speaking and thinking, and I spent much of my time trying to get
through to him. I found this out the first week I was there when he gave me
something he had written to edit. The woman who I was replacing was spending a
couple of weeks there before she left, and I went into a conference room with
her and expressed my utter astonishment at the squiggles and blips on the page
I held in my hand. I was nearly beyond words. She said that after his
interview, she told the CTO that his resume was so riddled with errors that
she thought he would not be a good candidate. For whatever reason, skin color,
age, I don't know, they hired him. I felt I was lied to because no one told me
my MANAGER would be incompetent.

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info