Re: salary.com

Subject: Re: salary.com
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:55:47 -0400

From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>

> When I interviewed in the Washington, DC area in 2001 and 2002, I used the
> STC salary survey figures for the preceding years as my basis for a salary
> target. Some of the interviewers asked to see the source document on the
> Internet rather than just reading my printout. All of them accepted the STC
> figures as a reasonable, professional standard. Of course, many of them said
> that, standard or no standard, their own companies could not afford to pay
> that much.
>
> Dan Goldstein

Companies around New England belong to some sort of salary consortium (I was
told by the HR person at my last job). They hide behind some sort of group
consensus on what the going rate is and say their "private" advisors have
"polled the industry."

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info