Not Sure

Subject: Not Sure
From: "Tamara Reyes-Muralles" <trm -at- telusplanet -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:37:28 -0700

I was reviewing a woman's resume and she had writing experience. I arranged
a meeting with her, and by the end of the meeting, I was confused and unable
to pinpoint where her experience really was. She said she was a
communication generalist, specializing in media and corporate relationships.
I started to doubt her technical writing experience when she told me that
she felt technical writing meant different things (who you talked to or
where you worked). To her it meant building manuals. She could not define
technical communication, and it really appeared she lacked technical writing
knowledge.

Can someone tell me what a communication generalist is because I have never
heard of the term. Thanks.

Capture Technical Writing Service Inc.
Per Tamara Reyes-Muralles
(780) 433-9848