Re: Dreamweaver and RoboHelp

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver and RoboHelp
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:35:43 -0700

"Sean Hower" <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com> wrote in message
news:209404 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> ------------------------
> Chuck Martin writes:
> When creating files for HTML-based Help (which includes its own WebHelp,
RH outputs some of the largest files of any HAT.

> Have you seen the output from Word? YIKES!!!!!!!! Four-times the original
size of the file in my experience!!!

Well, which version of Word? And which type of HTML output? (The latest
versions of Word can save "HTML" in many different ways, none of them clean,
but some much "dirtier" than others. The worst is when a ton of XML tags are
embedded so that Word can essentially re-create the original .DOC file.)

But then, I'm not sure many people use Word for a HAT anymore, unless they
are still developing plain ol' WinHelp.

Chuck Martin