Outlook "Voting Buttons" [[RE: Indexing style refs]]

Subject: Outlook "Voting Buttons" [[RE: Indexing style refs]]
From: <Jeanne -dot- Keuma -at- ch2m -dot- com>
To: <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:04:39 -0600

John Posada was looking for help with the Outlook "voting buttons." In
case you (or anyone else) still needs that information:

Open a new email message.

Before sending, select the Options toolbar button.

Under Voting and Tracking Options, select "Use Voting Buttons."

Select either from the 3 already available in the drop-down menu, or
make up your own voting buttons with phrases separated by semicolons (no
spaces before or after the semicolon are necessary). (Typical in our
office is "Heck yeah, I'm there;Sorry, gotta pass;I'll try but no
promises" for after-work beer parties or
"Chicken;Spaghetti;Mahimahi;Tempura" for office staff meeting lunches.
In my line of work, I've also seen/used voting buttons such as "draft
reviewed & approved;draft approved with revisions;no changes;no
opinion.)

The voting buttons don't show up until you hit Send. You can send
yourself a copy to ensure they turned up correctly.

Jeanne K. Tsutsui Keuma